Tuesday, January 18, 2011

How Do You Make a Tissue Dance?

Put a little boogie in it.

How do you get Brooke to stop crying and whining and screaming about boogies in her nose?

I have NO idea!!

She's so cute when she's sleeping....

Okay okay, so she's cute when she's NOT sleeping, too...and also unbelievable funny (and ornery) at times. But if I hear her throw one more tantrum about boogies in her nose, I might just throw a tantrum myself.

I don't even know what started it. She isn't sick and doesn't have a cold. But if she blows through her nose (and she will do it purposely to check) and feels the slightest rattle of a "boogie" (as she calls them) in there, then the crying and whining and eventual all-out-tantrum begins. And I'm sure you know that crying just produces more "boogies", so that then produces more crying and even MORE "boogies", and before you know it she's been tantrum-ing for 30 minutes or more. I'm not even joking, people.

Two nights ago, this went on for an hour at bedtime. An hour. Sixty minutes. Of screaming and crying because of "boogies". She will refuse a tissue and even if I manage to get one close enough to her nose to wipe it, she just cries even more. Yesterday morning she started when we were sitting on the couch. Just out of nowhere I guess she realized there were boogies in her nose and off she went. This evening the kids made their own English muffin or bagel pizzas for dinner and after I helped her with hers, I took it from her to wait for the boys to be done making theirs so they could all go in the oven. She didn't like that. So she started crying, which...you guessed it!...turned in to her crying about boogies. For 30 minutes.

I honest to goodness do not know how to get her to stop once she starts. Maybe there isn't anything I can do and I just need to let her work it out. But it's making me crazy. C-R-A-Z-Y. I will gladly take any suggestions!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I don't know about the rest but at bedtime maybe try getting her to blow her nose before she is in a tantrum and before she goes to bed? Otherwise I'd be at a lose with you :)