Monday, July 12, 2010

Ugh

I am having such a hard time blogging lately. The main things on my mind these days are things that I shouldn't really blog about, especially one thing in particular. I guess maybe I just need to sit down and make a list of topics I can write about and get some ideas....I don't know. I hate going days without blogging. Any ideas for me?? :-)

Today was a nice, lazy day spent at my mom and dad's house. The kids played on their sunporch. They have a basketball hoop and a bunch of balls they love to throw and kick around and Brooke has a little bike that she rides around on. Ryan rides it too even though he's getting way too big for it. I forgot my camera today so I have no pictures to share :-/. My mom made a yummy dinner (that I requested lol). She made mini meatloaves and browned them, then mixed cream of mushroom soup with some beef broth to make a gravy and added slice mushrooms to it and simmered the meat in it for almost an hour. They practically melt in your mouth. We also had mashed potatoes and green beans. Brooke is normally a huge green bean eater, but she didn't seem to have much of an appetite tonight...except she ate almost two whole slices of butter bread.

Brooke is now tall enough to open one of the 2 doors to the outside on the sunporch. It's one of those chain locks that you have to slide up to the top and pull out. She is *just barely tall enough to reach clear to the top to do it. Today was the first time in awhile that she's tried. She saw my mom and dad's neighbor kids outside and reached up to unlock it and much to her (and our) surprise did it. She turned to us with a shocked look on her face and said "I did it!" and then turned back and proceeded to open the door and head outside. LOL. She is getting too darn big...and too big for her britches (that saying reminds me of my grandma)!

2 comments:

Shana said...

I have the same problem Jen. I used to blog a lot and now I just can't seem to get any thoughts out. You can do pics for the days you have nothing to say or find quotes or poems along the same theme as your blog name and give your opinion on them.

Jen said...

Thank for the suggestions, Shana! :-)