Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In Limbo

That's kinda how it feels right now as far as the house situation. We hit a snag last week that may mean we walk away and start our search all over again. We're still waiting for an answer. I'm freaking out a little bit now since school is less than a month away. If we knew we were getting the house, we could enroll Ryan in the new school and get his IEP stuff all set up...the sooner that happens, the better obviously. But we can't do that yet. I also don't know whether or not to start packing up my apartment or not....not to mention I gave notice that I was moving at the end of the month. I wanted to let them know ASAP even though it wasn't official since we planned on being out by the beginning of school even if we don't close by then. I'm just feeling a bit stressed out over it all. I keep telling myself it will all work out, even if it doesn't seem like it right now!

The kids and I have spent the last week or so at Joe's. We originally planned on enrolling Ryan in his new school last week, but then hit the snag with the house. My van that my (awesome) aunt and uncle gave me in November bit the dust (it was old) at the end of June and at that time Joe and I bought my brother-in-law's car from him for Joe to use (since it's a standard and I don't know how to drive them). It sat for a year because they always used my sister's truck and it's been in the garage now more in the last month than it's been out. LOL. Hopefully it gets all the "kinks" worked out soon from sitting for so long. So "we" were down to one car and my parents were out of town all of last week visiting a friend. We were supposed to go too but it just felt like too much with the house and everything. I didn't want to be "stuck" in my town with no vehicle (Joe obviously needs the car...for work...more than I do right now), so we decided to come spend the week here. It's been great and I'm not looking forward to going home tomorrow (we got the car back today). But we really should. Ryan's TSS is coming tomorrow afternoon/evening and I have to pay my rent and the kids are with their dad this coming weekend so we would have to go home by Friday anyway. I am really looking forward to seeing my parents too, though :-).

Hopefully the house situation works out and we get this one and don't have to start looking again. I'm really trying not to think about having to do that right now, lol.

:::fingers crossed:::

No comments: