Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts

  • One week from today is the closing on the house! I can't believe it's really happening :-). We are so excited to move in to our first home together.
  • Ryan is excited to finally get to try riding the bus (once we move). He wanted to last year, but I didn't feel comfy with it at all. This year it only makes a little nervous. We'll at least give it a try. I have to admit it will be nice not having to drag one or both of the younger kids with me for drop off and/or pick up, but if the bus doesn't work out then I'll gladly go back to it.
  • I love fall! I'm ready for it to not be in the 80's anymore (it was 86* when I went to pick Ryan up today!). Not looking forward to winter, though. Hopefully it will take it's good ol' time getting here.
  • Brooke has her 2nd cold in a month. The only one not in school and she's the only one that's been sick recently. Go figure.
  • PMS sucks. 'Nuff said.
  • Ryan and Cole both have their Halloween costumes (Iron Man and War Machine). Joe is putting together an Incredible Hulk costume. I still have to find a costume for Brooke and Joe is insisting I dress up :-P. Brooke is probably going to end up being Minnie Mouse, a cat, a (cute) witch, or Bat Girl.
  • I've been a reading fool lately. I've read so many books since we moved here. The public library is right on the way to take Ryan to school (and walking distance to our new house), so it makes it convenient to stop and get books. The most recent one I finished (just tonight) was Look Again by Lisa Scottoline. It was pretty good and didn't end how I expected it to. Some others I've read are Table For Five and Home Before Dark by Susan Wiggs, The Courage Tree by Diane Chamberlain, and Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson. Next up is either In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner or To The Power of Three by Laura Lippman.
  • And now I'm going to go finish watching Teen Mom and see how many more times tonight's episode makes me cringe :-/.

1 comment:

Oh Mandie said...

Yay! Good things are certainly coming your way!!

PS: Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas is one of my favorite books ever!!