Monday, October 18, 2010

Brooke's bedroom

I guess I will slowly start posting some before and after pictures of the house! If I wait for everything to be "perfect" and just the way I/we want it, then I'll never end up posting pictures. So keep in mind that we're still working on things and I'll tell you what I/we want to add/change eventually :-).

We'll start with Brooke's room, which is the smallest (aside from the bathroom...although maybe not by much lol). We will eventually be taking part of a wall out and moving a doorway in order to expand her room. I'm not sure if I can explain this right, but there is a small room you walk in to before you get to her bedroom. If you go straight through, you will end up in her room, but on the left wall of this "extra" room is the doorway in to our bedroom. So eventually we will take out the wall between her bedroom and the "extra" room to make it one bigger room and close our doorway off and move it so it opens in to the hallway. But for now, her room is just the right size for her...and despite it's smallness it has a nice closet in it so that's awesome!

I started looking for toddler bedding for her because she never had a crib set. I just used a basic crib sheet and bought her blankets to use in her crib when she was a baby. I wanted her to have an actual set for her new room and "big girl" (toddler) bed. She loves animals so when we saw this set at Target, we knew it was so "her". Then we found Littlest Petshop wall decals on clearance and got those, too...and she LOVES them!

-----------------------------------------------------

*BEFORE*

As I'm sure you'll be able to tell from the pictures, the previous owners were using Brooke's room as a nursery. She did like the animals they had painted, but they had to go...lol. Don't mind the blue painters tape in the pictures. I didn't start taking pictures until after we had started taping off to paint.





---------------------------------------------------------

*AFTER*

We painted the walls a soft pink. The trim still needs done, but it doesn't look too bad. We still need to figure out what we want to do as far as curtains for her. Probably something white since it will be right above her bed and her comforter is "busy". The car bed used to Cole's and blue :-). Joe painted it for her. She LOVES it. The dresser used to be mine (and it is waaay older than me and SOLID, but is in need of a new paint job). We had to get something to hang over the dresser to cover where the monkey was because we didn't do enough coats of primer and the pink just would not cover it's arms and legs. She LOVES the kitty poster we found at Walmart. I would also like to find her a cuter lamp (hmm, that might be a good Christmas idea...she is all about her bedroom, lol). I just ordered her 2 more bow holders to hang on her wall since that one is overflowing and the plastic dresser thing-a-ma-jig needs moved out of there. Not sure what else I want to put on her dollhouse bookshelf since all she does in her room right now is sleep :-). Maybe I'll put some stuffed animals on there (of course then they'll probably all end up in bed with her). Almost every time she goes in her room, she spins in a circle and looks at the walls and says "awww" or "wook at the animals" or "wook at the kitties" or something like that :-).




1 comment:

Gena said...

I love it! It is getting there. I'm so happy for you guys!