Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Christmas Shopping - Round 1

Has anyone started yet? We did this past weekend since we didn't have the kids. I'm sure we'll do more in 2 weeks when we don't have them again. Toys'R'Us was having a pretty good sale on clearance items, so got some things there and we also found a couple good deals at other places. We both love a good deal.



~For the boys...although, I'm sure Brooke will get in on the action, too: Super Hero Squad Bop Bag/Glove Combo. Listed for $24.99 on Amazon and we got it for I think $6.99 at Ross (I think...lol. We went so many places on Saturday!). I think this gift is a mistake, but there was no arguing with Joe :-P. We don't plan on giving them the gloves (I still don't like it lol).






~For all three: VTech USA Explore & Learn Interactive Map. We actually got this awhile back on sale at Target for I think $15, regularly $20. Brooke was playing with it one day at Walmart and really seemed to like it. We thought it would be good for all 3 of them.




~For Brooke: Lucky Ducks. She loves ducks and she needs (I think) to start learning her shapes and colors.





~For Brooke: a set of assorted Littlest Petshop animals. These are listed for $29.99 on TRU's site. We got them for $12.99 at Big Lots! She LOVES her some LPS animals. (This isn't the exact set we got.)




~For Cole & Ryan: War Machine and Iron Man Bobble Heads. These were $4.98 each, so too cheap to pass up for how funny looking (I think) they are. Hopefully they won't be too mad about not being able to play with them :-P. They'll go on a shelf in their room.








~For Ryan and Cole: Bulls-Eye Baseball. Another great steal at $10.98, originally $26.99. This was something I almost got Ryan for his birthday, but changed my mind. It will be a "kitchen table" game or the marbles will be missing in 5 minutes.




So far that's all we got....that I remember, anyway. I have a few more ideas for Brooke right now.

I would like to get a new lamp/nightlight for her room and I think this is what she's going to get. She loves Dora and while I'm not a big fan, I don't have a problem getting her some Dora things as long as it's nothing that makes noise. LOL.




And she also loves bags and purses, so this is something else she may end up getting. I don't like the plastic talking ones they sell, but this one is pretty cute. It even has a rolled up map in the side pocket that unrolls to reveal an actual map like on the show.



And lastly, this will be her biggest gift. They have it at Toys'R'Us. I think she needs something to use with her baby dolls and it's something that should end up getting a lot of use. The bassinet part of the stroller comes out so you can use it as a regular stroller as well. I may end up changing my mind, but right now that is the plan for her.



The boys have me stumped! Joe has some ideas...Iron Man transformers, the Super Hero Squad game for the Wii, and I don't remember what else. He'll probably be more in charge of the boys while I figure out things for Brooke. LOL.

Look for another update in a couple weeks on more Christmas finds!

No comments: