Friday, December 17, 2010

Flashback Friday - Ornaments

Flashback Friday Button

Today I want to share some pictures of some older ornaments that are hanging on our tree and also a couple newer "old" ones that are special.

This one is my My First Christmas Ornament. The drumsticks got broken out of the teddy bear's paws at some point, but other than that it is in great condition. You can even push the train around the track.



Next is my ornament with my baby picture in it. I believe I'm 4 months old in the picture (sorry, it's blurry...I tried) and I was 9 months old for my first Christmas. I had the Rudolph ornament, my sister had a teddy bear, and my brother had a snowman.



And here is Ryan's ornament with his baby picture in. He was still in the NICU then (for going on 4 months at the time). I really wanted a little Santa suit sleeper for him to wear and the smallest I was able to find was 0-3 months. He wasn't even 4lbs. yet, so he needed a preemie size one at best, so he swam in it. But it was still adorable. He was on oxygen at the time, but was able to be without it for a little bit at a time. They let us take him in the NICU hallway and lay him on a pillow under the Christmas tree, so that's where this picture was taken. I believe it was taken one week before Christmas. My best friend, Jess, gave me this ornament and I put the picture in.



And last, but certainly not least is Brooke's baby picture ornament, which also doubles as her Baby's 1st Christmas ornament. She was one day shy of 9 months old. I could not get her to smile for anything. She was probably traumatized by that time. As I was getting ready to change her diaper that morning after she woke up, she was crying and crying and wouldn't move her right arm. She screamed when I would touch it. I had just read about nursemaid elbow online and suspected that was the problem. So her dad took her to the emergency room while I stayed with Ryan. They sent her for x-rays, but everything looked fine. It seems that while they were maneuvering her arm for the x-rays, her arm popped back in to place. I was nervous about it happening again because apparently it can become an issue after the first time, but she luckily hasn't had a problem since!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

OMG....these are great. I am totally going to check out my Mom's tree to see if she has a baby's 1st ornament for me. My the tiny Santa outfit...too sweet. Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

MultipleMum said...

I love the ornaments that have photos in them! Such a personal touch. Your Christmas tree looks fantastic! I hope you have a great Christmas! I am signing off tomorrow until the New Year so will catch you again then x

Anonymous said...

Wow, your ornament is still in GREAT condition! A lot better than mine :) Good pics!