Sunday, December 12, 2010

O Christmas Tree


My very favorite thing about Christmas (other than giving gifts) is the Christmas tree! As soon as it starts to get dark outside, I like to have it lit up. I just think it is beautiful to look at. It makes me happy :o).


Check out that amazing photo of the kids in front of the tree! I can't even believe we captured it and it only took a couple snaps of the camera :o). It is the perfect Christmas card photo. It makes me want to make up some cards to send out even though we weren't planning on it this year. We'll probably just do a few and send them to our closest family and friends. I better get on that soon!

I thought I would share our new ornaments we've gotten this year. One of Joe and Cole's traditions was to get a new Hallmark ornament every year, so we're continuing that. Actually last year was the first year *I didn't get Ryan and Brooke new ornaments :o/ (so it was sort of our tradition, too). But they all 3 picked out what they wanted this year.


Cole picked the Super Hero Squad (Wolverine, Iron Man, and Captain America).


First Ryan wanted Iron Man....until he saw Woody & Buzz. He LOVES the Toy Story movies.


And after a lot of screaming and crying (because we wouldn't let her terrorize the ornaments in Hallmark), Brooke chose Minnie & Mickey Mouse when given the choice between them , Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, and Tinkerbell. (There may have been more, I can't remember.)


We've also gotten some other new ornaments this year. Some that we bought and some that were bought for us.

This ornament is from a kiosk in the mall. I picked it out, but Joe's mom bought it for us. I LOVE it!


Joe's mom and dad bought us this one. Our first family ornament :o).


Joe picked this ornament. It's a minion, from the movie Despicable Me, making a snowminion...hehe.
He loves that movie and can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD on the 14th...too bad he's not getting it 'til Christmas :oP.


I saw this one at Hallmark the day we got the kids ornaments and immediately thought of Zachary. I didn't buy it right away, though. I have huge issues with spending money on something for me that I don't *need* (and even sometimes with things I *do need). But then I came a cross a $5 off Hallmark card in a magazine, so I was able to get it for just under $5.00. I got it home and read on the box that the angel's name is Daffodil and it supposed to be a girl....but I don't care. It doesn't look like a girl to me at all.


And lastly, Ryan was given this ornament at the surgery center after getting his ear tubes in. When you push the little button on the front, his nose lights up. It's really cute.
And then there's the little Pittsburgh Penguins hockey player to the left that Joe found at Walmart. I was going to crop him out, but it's a new one, too :o).


I also have to share two more photos. The kids did a really great job decorating the tree. (I haven't even moved any and I can be particular about things like that...lol.) They spaced them out pretty well and didn't try hanging them all in the same spot. Except for a couple clusters that Cole purposely hung together and they make me smile every time i see them.


This is a conglomeration of Nemo and Bolt characters, all hung on ONE branch ;o).


And these are all the sports players...hockey and football.
Too cute.

Check back on Friday for Flashback Friday, when I plan on sharing some photos of older ornaments (a couple as old as ME!). I think everyone should post photos on their blogs of their favorite ornaments. I would love to see!

5 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I love looking at all your ornaments! I especially love the one marking your engagement (congratulations!), and the one with the names of all your family...I'm sure those will be treasures for years to come.

Thanks so much for linking up! Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday! :)

Andrea said...

Hi there! Stopping by from Mandy's link up! Love your ornaments! Your kids are adorable and yes that is a lovely picture in front of the tree! New to your blog, but I am your newest follower. I look forward to reading your posts! I too had preemies. Mine were born at 28 weeks! I am so sorry for your loss. Take care, Andrea (mollyandluke.blogspot)

Unknown said...

What beautiful ornaments! I love the family ornament with everyones name on it. It's fabulous!

Stopping by from the ornament link up at Twin Trials and Triumphs!

Dolli-Mama
www.Dolli-Mama.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I stumbled across your blog today! You have a beautiful family and I love the pictures of your ornaments. So many great memories...and thoughts of many great times to come for you!

MultipleMum said...

Stopping over from Mandy's place. I love the SuperHero squad and buzz and woody ornaments - my boys would be very envious of those! Happy engagement! How lovely and an awesome addition to the tree :)