Monday, December 6, 2010

That Bad 4 Letter Word That Starts With "S"

No, not *that one.

S-N-O-W!
It looks like it's here for real now and not just some flurries that don't really stick, or if they do, disappear before the day is over.

The cute little church that is kitty-corner across the street from our house.

I guess there was probably a time when I liked snow. You know, back when it meant missing school because of it or at least getting lucky with a 2 hour delay or maybe an early dismissal. Back when I didn't have to shovel any of that nasty white stuff. And back before I had to worry about driving anywhere in it.

Brooke is not too sure about it herself. Last year she thought it was funny. I missed her first experience seeing it this year. Joe and the kids were leaving church Wednesday night and it was snowing some. Brooke started whining and saying "ewww". Then yesterday when we woke up there was a coating of it on the ground and when we went to leave to go to church, she refused to step off the porch in to it. She started with the whining and "ewww" again. I picked her up and carried her to the car and as I was buckling her in, she kept saying, "It's messy. It's messy out there, Mommy." Haha. I think I'll try to take her out for a bit later and see what she does. I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them.

I don't think I really HATED snow until last year, when it seemed like that's ALL it did for two months. And not just an inch here or there....like 6 inches every day. The worst was going to bed one night and waking up to a foot of snow on top of probably a foot of snow we'd already had (there was so much snow last winter, the details are blurry :-P). I remember going out to shovel at times and trying so hard not to cry because I was seriously just SO sick of it. Thank God for my awesome parents (mostly my dad, but my mom helped some too) that came to help shovel me out, on top of shoveling out their own driveway.

And now it is back. It could be worse, though. Back in my hometown they've already gotten dumped on a decent amount and I think they are supposed to have a foot to a foot and a half by tomorrow sometime. School was canceled there for today. We haven't even had enough to shovel yet :::knock on wood:::. I can still see the grass peeking up through. I think they are calling for a possible 1-2 inches tonight and 1-3 tomorrow or something like that. But they've been calling for that for a couple days and we haven't gotten that much yet.

I'm just really hoping snow doesn't keep my parents from being able to come out here on Christmas Eve to spend the night. I will be SO seriously bummed if that happens. But I'll try not to even think about that yet.

Well, pictures of Brooke in the snow to come later, hopefully!

No comments: