Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 DoT: Day 4

~*~*My Siblings*~*~


My sister, Diane, was born one month after I turned four and my brother, Edward (he'll always be Eddie to me), was born when I was about six and a half. Diane and I were pretty different when we were kids. I was more quiet and liked to play house and school and things like that. She was more rough and tumble and preferred playing cars and "boy" things with Eddie. I remember trying to bribe her to play with me, sometimes by telling her that if she did what I wanted to do, then we would do what she wanted to do. It didn't usually work, though. I think I was pretty jealous of the relationship the two of them had. They were closer in age and she was a bit of a tomboy, so they did more together. But my sister and I are close now. I guess that's what really matters. I don't remember playing a whole lot with my brother when we were kids. We butted heads a lot and he was really good at annoying me (he would probably say the same about me). I wish my brother and I had a closer relationship. We'll have to work on that....over the phone and/or emails since he just moved to Washington state at the end of September.

The bottom line is, we may not have always gotten along, but looking back I can't imagine growing up without them and I can't imagine them being in my life now even if we don't see each other or talk to each other as much as we could/should. I know they are both there for me if I need them and I hope they know that I'm there for them, too.

No comments: