Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy November!

I love November...and December! I just love the holidays and the excitement that comes along with them. I love spending time with family and I love all the yummy Thanksgiving food. I love pumpkin pie. I love putting the Christmas tree up and decorating it and turning the lights on every night. I love Christmas shopping (except for the crowds, so I try to get done early). I love watching the kids on Christmas morning, especially now that they are old enough to really get in to it. I love thinking back to my childhood and thinking about all the great memories I have. I just love it all!

Yesterday we were shopping at Walmart...on Halloween...and there was Christmas stuff everywhere. And they were playing Christmas music. It was bizarre and just felt SO wrong. They couldn't have waited at least one more day for the Christmas music? Well, I'm going to be bizarre as well and post some Halloween pictures in this post that started with me talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas ;-).

A couple weeks ago we took the kids to Idlewild for HallowBoo. They decorate the park for Halloween and have most of the rides open and the kids can trick-or-treat in Storybook Forest. It was B-U-S-Y. The kids had fun, but they ended up only riding a couple rides because the lines were so long.

Getting ready to trick-or-treat!



Luckily Brooke was content to ride in the stroller for it. It made it so much easier since it was so busy.



I think this was them leaving the shoe (from the nursery rhyme There Was An Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe).



Love this!
(This picture has lead to Brooke trying to sit on every pumpkin she sees. LOL.)



One without the masks.



Waiting for the train to leave the station.



He's a little ham for the camera :-).



It's SO hard to get a good picture of him! This is a good one :-).



Brooke LOVES people in costumes. And she loves Clifford. She would have taken him home with us if she could have. LOL.




The day after Idlewild (Saturday) we went to the pumpkin patch at Schramm's Farm (Sunday). It was really busy, too, but the kids had fun. They got to play on the little play structure there for a little bit and then we picked pumpkins and took some pictures and went on a hayride (camera battery died before we got to that part).

Ryan refused to get in the picture :-P. These two were little hams, though.



Charlie Brown and the gang.



Brooke climbed on the pumpkin all by herself. Ryan wouldn't look at the camera (he was a grump!).



Best picture I got of him there!



Looking for the perfect pumpkin. Of course they wanted to try to pick them all up.



There goes Brooke trying to sit on the pumpkin. LOL.




In addition to The Proposal Pumpkin, Joe carved four more. One for him and one for each of the kids. He drew them all freehand and did an AWESOME job :-).


Iron Man (Cole's)



Tinkerbell (Brooke's)



A minion, from the movie Despicable Me (Joe's)



Mario (Ryan's)

We also went to ZooBoo at the Pittsburgh Zoo last weekend, but I don't have pictures of that on my computer yet. I'm not sure how many we actually took there, but maybe I'll put some up on here eventually. I'm such a slacker :-P.

1 comment:

JBGRIGS said...

Great pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful time celebrating Halloween and Fall. It's cool to see places that I know and have been to many times mentioned in your blog :)