Sunday, November 14, 2010

Random

I always sit and think about how I should blog, but I'm not sure what to blog about. I'm not even really sure why I HAVE a blog.

Joe is doing paperwork and watching the Steelers game. And I'm bored.

I just started typing out a big long blog post about our weekend and then realized....nobody probably even cares to read it. LOL. It's not like we did anything exciting....well, other than get to go see our new baby niece again tonight. Well, she's not technically *my niece yet, but I don't think anyone objects to me calling her that. She is SO. FREAKING. CUTE. She's about 6 1/2lbs. and I cannot believe that Brooke was smaller than that when she came home from the NICU (she was 4lbs. 11oz.). They grow so dang fast.

This was a "kid-free" weekend. This will probably sound bad, but I really look forward to these weekends. It's so nice to have the time alone together. Life is crazy at times with 3 kids and some days I feel like I'm just getting through and don't have the energy to put in to being a fiance. I hate days like that.

I often think that sometimes I wish that Joe and I had met years ago, before kids....before first marriages. But then, I don't think things would be as good as they are now. We're older and while neither of us expected to end up divorced and single parents, I think the things we've been through helped make us more aware of what we do want out of a relationship/marriage. I just wish we had more alone time sometimes. I love our "blended" family, though :-).

And now I think I'm going to go get something to eat. I'm hungry and if I don't eat something soon I'm going to get a stomachache. That only happens to me in the evenings if I'm hungry and don't eat. Luckily we usually eat late enough and I go to bed early enough that it doesn't happen often, but we ate kind of early tonight.

Nighty 'night!

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

That is the best compliment ever. You have no idea.

Also, I totally had my senior pictures taken at the picture people. I forgot about that until just now :)