Friday, November 5, 2010

30 DoT: Day 5

~*~*My best friend*~*~

(Unfortunately I don't have a picture to share for this one.)

Jess and I have been best friends since 4th grade. As the years went by, we grew closer and closer. By middle school we were pretty inseparable. Our freshmen year of high school we both joined the color guard in the marching band. Between the two weeks of band camp before school started, practices almost every day after school once it started, and football games and competitions every weekend during football season we spent a lot of time together. And we had SO much fun....us and our group of friends. We both joined up again our sophomore year, but our junior year we were sort of talked in to playing an instrument in the band and to make a long story short, it didn't pan out too well and neither of us finished out the season. I remember since we didn't have to go to the football games anymore, a lot of Friday nights would be spent walking around the mall, mostly just window shopping, checking out guys, and getting M&M flurries from TD Treats. Our friendship our senior year ended up being a bit rocky, but thankfully we got through it. We've also gotten through Jess living in Florida for a couple years, so I don't think me moving an hour away will be too rough...hopefully. I haven't seen her since I moved in August and I'm really looking forward to the next time we get to hang out!

No comments: