Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 DoT: Days 6 and 7

I didn't get to post yesterday because my parents were here. They got here Friday night and they left about an hour ago.

~*Day 6*~
~*~*Internet*~*~

That may sound like something silly to be thankful for, but it's really not...in my opinion. When I got pregnant with Ryan, I somehow came across the AOL message boards and they had pregnancy ones. There were ones you could join depending on when you were due, so with him I joined the Due in December 2003 message board. And since he was born in August, he ended up being the first baby born on our board. The AOL boards don't exist anymore (or if they do, they aren't very active), but we moved over to an email loop and I still talk to a lot of those same women today, almost 8 years later. I also posted on the preemie message board when it was still around and when Ryan was around 2 years old I started using cloth diapers on him, so I started posting on the cloth diaper board for help. I still talk to people from both of those boards as well. I have even met a handful of women from my message boards and I now live about 20 minutes or so away from my friend, Heather, who is from the December '03 board. I've gotten so much great advice from my online mom friends on everything from sleeping habits to discipline to potty training. The list goes on and on. Of course we talk about things other than our kids, too :-). And aside from my online friends, the internet makes it so easy to look up information. You obviously have to be careful about what you believe, but it can be very useful for random information.



~*Day 7*~
~*~*Our House*~*~

I know this would be better if I had some more pictures to share, but I don't yet. Sorry!

I am thankful we have a house to live in and I am really thankful that we have a house we love to live in. We looked at a lot of houses during our search. As I posted on here, we almost got a different house, but it fell through. We were really disappointed....and frustrated. But then Joe found this house online and we really liked the pictures of it they had posted. We didn't think we would like it as much in person, just because there were a couple others that we had seen online and were excited about, only to go see them in person and be disappointed. But that wasn't the case with this one. I am thankful the first one fell through and that we got this one instead. I really liked the first one, but I love this one :-).

1 comment:

JBGRIGS said...

I'm thankful for the internet as well. Some of my good friends I have met online :)