Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not Even Thanksgiving Yet...

...and our Christmas tree is up! Not only up, but decorated, too. I don't think I've ever had the tree up before Thanksgiving before, at least not that I can remember. But Joe wanted to have it up for turkey day (we're hosting here) and I love having the tree up, so I wasn't about to complain. Hopefully Brooke isn't too terrible with it this year. Last year I ended up moving all the ornaments from the bottom so only the top half was decorated, see?

This afternoon we started going through the Christmas totes. Brooke thought Cole's stocking would make a good sock.


She was not cooperating for pictures, so this is the best I got.


Joe's parents brought dinner over and we ate and then got busy decorating the tree. I won't lie, it was a little stressful for me. Brooke was just grabbing everything she could get a hold of and the first few ornaments she tried to hang, she kept ripping the hooks off or she would hang it on the tree and just pull and pull on it for some reason. She finally seemed to get the hang of it and did pretty well from what I could tell. Even with having 2 extra adults here to help, it was hectic! These kids have no patience. LOL. Anyway, they had fun and the tree is still standing, so it's all good ;-). Here are a few pictures of them decorating and then a set of me trying to get the 3 of them in front of the tree when we were done. They are pretty funny.


I wish I would have tried to take more without the flash. I love how this one turned out.







This was the beginning of trying to get the 3 of them together. Ryan was all for it because I bribed him with a Christmas lunch cake. Brooke was having fun running around the tree. And Cole wanted no part of it.


I edited this one on www.picnik.com. I like the coloring.



See what kind of a smile a bribe will get me? If only he always smiled so well.




So mad this one came out blurry. It's cute.




As good as it gets ;-)



Jake's new favorite place to lay. Aren't the eyes creepy??

No comments: