Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Taking a Break...

...from the 30 Days of Thanks. I'm still posting it on Facebook every day, but I just haven't had much to blog about it.

This week has pretty much sucked, to be honest. I don't know if it's the time change or maybe this nagging headache that won't go away and STAY away...or maybe it's both. I feel crabby and irritable. Almost feels like I'm PMS'ing, but it should be too early for that.

Three kids is exhausting. I don't know how people do it with more than three. We don't have a lot of rules around here....no screaming, no jumping/running/climbing on furniture, no throwing things, no pushing/hitting/kicking/etc. But for some reason they seem to find them impossible to follow. I can't turn my back for one minute without one (or more) of them being broken.

I tell them to stop jumping on the couch and two minutes later they're doing it again. They can't even sit quietly and watch a 20 minute cartoon on the Disney channel without getting rambunctious. Then I make them leave the living room and go to the playroom and they get mad. "No, we're watching it. We'll stop."....two minutes later, they're at it again.

They can't sit and eat a meal without goofing around. Then messes end up happening or Brooke ends up not eating.

They seem to not know how to be nice to each other most of the time. Someone's either taking a toy or book from someone or yelling at someone or pushing/hitting/kicking someone.

I can't turn my back on Brooke for two minutes for fear of her pooping and then removing her poopy underwear and making a mess. She's been getting sprayed off in the shower at least twice a day. She HATES it, but yet she still poops in her pants.

Tonight one of them basically got a chunk ripped out of their big toe because another one decided to fling the bathroom door open when (the injured) one was standing right in front of it. It was a bloody mess. And I felt like I was going to snap.

I feel like ALL I do is YELL anymore. And I HATE it.

I don't know how to stop. I just get SO frustrated. So extremely frustrated when it's the same crap ALL the time. And I don't know how to make it better. Sometimes I feel like just letting them do whatever they want because they don't listen anyway...so why bother?

Ugh.

Well, I guess this turned in to a big, old vent, huh?

No comments: