Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Hair, (Sort of) New Glasses


I didn't take a "before" picture last Sunday before I got my hair cut and I don't have very many recent pictures of myself, so the "before" picture above is from March. My hair was actually even a little bit longer than it was then. I got the glasses in the spring, but I didn't start wearing them until last month because I changed my mind and wasn't sure if I liked them. Now I love them. I think they look so much better than my old ones.

Can you believe my hair used to be straight before I had kids? In high school I would often get my hair cut in a chin length (or a little bit longer) bob. All I had to do was curl the ends under with a brush while I blow-dried it and it would look great. Nice and smooth. Now my hair is naturally curly...yep, that is *all natural. It got curlier after each kid. Now I spray Frizz-Ease Dream Curls (or something like that) on it after I get out of the shower and scrunch it up and I'm good to go. Some days it curls better than others, though.

My hair has always been thick and it not only got curly after having kids, but it got thicker, too. I have way too much hair, but I guess I shouldn't complain because at least I have hair, right? It doesn't look bad when I have product in it, like in the pictures above, but if I just let it dry without product in it, it is huge and looks ridiculous. I got my hair cut in a just-above-the-shoulder bob when Ryan was a few years old and tried the whole curling-under-with-a-brush-while-blow-drying thing and WOW, my hair got so poofy (I don't think that's a word) it was ridiculous. No more straight hairstyles for me unless I take the time to use a straightener on it, but who has time for that with three kids? And I have a really hard time doing the back so it looks right anyway. So curly it is. I pull it back a lot, too, so it's not bothering me. I just can't stand feeling it on my neck sometimes.

Well, I didn't really plan on writing a book about my hair, but I guess I just did. Kudos to you if you got this far and didn't just look at the picture! ;-)

No comments: